A slip and fall accident can occur when an individual falls on a premises owned by another person or company.
Liability arises in a slip and fall, or trip and fall case from the property owner’s failure to maintain the premises and the approaches to the premises in a safe manner.
Reasons a property owner may be held liable for a slip and fall or trip and fall include:
- Foreign objects in walkways on the floor
- Failure to adequately repair property
- Failure to use signage regarding repairs and maintenance on property
- Failure to warn of dangers on property
- Failure to remove or improperly removing ice, snow or water.
“According to the National Floor Safety Institute there are over 1 million emergency room visits annually due to slip and fall accidents.”
Injuries from a slip and fall accidents can take time to fully show. Be sure you receive medical attention for any injuries you experience with a slip and fall accident.